Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Eek! Interview Friday!

Just taking a quick procrastination break to say that I am cramming (I know, you'd think I'd have learned by now) for my Irish med school interview which is in two days.

The morning is a group interview which is totally stressing me out as I have no frame of reference for such an endeavor and the afternoon is for classic interviews. How to come across as a well rounded, smart, interesting, compassionate professional instead of a ADD, arrogant, conceited, emotionally unstable, domineering Captain of the Universe?

It shall be a fine line.

There isn't much I can find about group interviews online which is kind of frustrating...so I am prepping as I would for a classic and hope I don't fall flat on my face and say something inane like "because I want to help people" when they ask why I want to be a doctor.

Eeek! I am stressing.

On the plus side, my suit pants look better now that I've dropped the too-much-dahl-in-India poundage.

Look out world, I am on my way in baggy trousers!

7 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Mmmm...dhal. Happy cramming! Get a good nights sleep the night before.

Nature Nerd said...

You'll kick Irish interview ass Erin. I know it in my heart. You have he right sassy, quick-witted humour for Ireland. Plus, you're kind of a big deal you know.

Keet said...

AND you'll be closer to me, so you'll have extra motivation to succeed! Youèll be fine. for some reason my keyboard in spain is making the è instead of the apostrophe. Sweet. Maybe we can go to SPAIN together when youère here.
LOL

Albinoblackbear said...

DF: Good night sleep--does that mean with or without sedation?? :)

NN: Thanks! I may wear a t-shirt that says "I am a Big Deal". Either that or my scrubs with a lab coat...just to show them how damn FINE I look in greens. :P

Keet: How dare you be in Spain. Are you going to be my sugar-daddy-hospital-administrator-buddy when I am in Med school or something?? The only trips I'll be taking will be to the BATHROOM when I am shelling out 40 000 euros a year for school. Unless of course, you are paying!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the interview!!
As far as group interview go,
if you have a BIG personality already that will shine through, if you dont but you try to make yourself known, then it will just look false.
The golden rule is "just be yourself"

Dragonfly said...

Depends on the quality of the sedation I suppose. Good quality sleep is good quality sleep. How does the price of medicine in Eire compare to the Carib?

Albinoblackbear said...

MedicB--Thanks for the luck! Yeah I made a pact with myself to be legit and I think it paid off.

DF-Carib is about 28 000$ USD a year and Ire is 40 000 Euros a year. Yeah. Yikes.