Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ughhhh.

I've had this sinus cold for almost 2 weeks now. This is my first really bad one and now I see what all the fuss is about. I had a couple of days off between my sets of nights last week and spent most of it in bed, trying to sleep. I guess I did get out for an afternoon hike with Same Name which was great, but once the Advil Cold and Sinus wore off I turned back into a snotty troglodyte. I had a day off yesterday before starting this set of 12h shifts, and you guessed it...I was horizontal for most of that as well. Awesome. I am going to be in wicked shape for this trip. Maybe they will let my donkey carry O2 for me. (Yes there are going to be donkeys to carry the clinic supplies). Wait, maybe they will let the donkey carry me.

This morning I woke up and I swear the infection has moved into my right mandible and zygomatic arch. Either that or I was grinding my teeth last night something fierce.

I have a stash of moxifloxicin which one of the docs at work gave me for my trip...I am resisting the urge to start taking them. Step. Away. From. The. Moxi.

Speaking of my trip I just realized that I am leaving in 8 days. 8!!!

I am not finished any of my applications and am thinking I may pare the list down because at this point it is about quality applications not the quantity.

1 comment:

Rogue Medic said...

Pseudoephedrine is a great drug if you get sinus head aches. If you don't that is a good thing. I hope you are feeling better by now.