Thursday, March 28, 2013

Intimate Insight

I know that these images and this story are making the rounds on social media these days, so my apologies if you're feeling inundated. I felt that these images were too profound and raw and beautiful to pass over.

It is one of the most heart wrenching photo essays I've had the privilege of seeing. I think it shows so poignantly the suffering, strength, love, hope, fear, and anger that features in the struggle with such a devastating diagnosis. To me, these photos express very clearly the questions that we struggle to form when we ask about cancer, and I believe they show the answers to those questions. A few of Angelo Merendino's photos from the website are shown below. In my opinion he is a brilliant photographer, and she a powerful subject.







3 comments:

Bean said...

So beautiful and so sad. I am an Oncology Nurse and see so much sadness but these really touched me. Thank you for sharing. Julie

PGYx said...

I hadn't seen these. No words to describe how touching they are. Thanks for posting. Hope you're basking in some post-match light and joy.

Justin said...

Hadn't seen these either. Very rough, but thanks for re-sharing.