Monday, October 4, 2010

Photos from Connemara Part I


I basically threw up my hands this weekend at the mountain of school work and headed to the west coast with some great friends from school and Tobie. I thought if I physically distanced myself from the study and books that I could relax and maybe reset my stress-ometer. Shane's parents have a "caravan" i.e. trailer near Roundstone, right on the ocean. So off we went on Saturday afternoon, in a convoy to a caravan in Connemara. Say that 5 times fast.

Weeeee! Carefree weekend right?

I like to call this one, "you can take the girl out of Alberta, but you can't take Alberta out of the girl". 

Rare species of "sea cows" only seen on West Coast of Ireland. 

If med school doesn't pan out I figure they could start a boy band. 

Yes, being around Mike and Ryan is like being around the little brothers I never had. 


Mike infiltrating yet another photo op. 


More to follow later when I am done my homework for PBL this afternoon.

7 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Looks like fun.

Normally I think of Dugongs as "sea cows".

OMDG said...

Looks about 1000x better than my weekend was!

;-)

Absentbabinski said...

Looks like you had a really nice weekend! Whereas I stayed in, stared at the menstrual cycle until my eyes crossed and still ended up behind in this morning's PBL session :/

Still it's nice to see someone doing it right ;)

Nature Nerd said...

James and I spotted some sea cows on the west coast of Scotland as well. It was a very similar habitat, so I guess it's not too surprising.

Cartoon Characters said...

LOVE the photos!!! :) What kind of camera do you have? And what program do you edit your photos with? They are fabulous!!!!

Albinoblackbear said...

Grump--had to google "dugongs"--yeah I can see why you'd make that association. It was pretty fun.

OMDG--Um yeah, your list of BS was formidably long and bad sounding! Ouch! Hope some of the things are getting sorted.

AB--(I wrote ABB and then thought--hey! that abbreviation is familiar! hahah) Oh GOD the menstrual cycle. I had TWO long answers last year with regard to that shite. You just never escape it. Like the clotting cascade, it will continue to haunt.

I think I'd have been doing better if I hadn't had the meltdown upon returning home! :P

NN--Hehe, indeed. Awww! I am so bummed that I am not having Thanksgiving at the Cozy Cabin this year. And Christmas. And Sunday dinners.

CC--Glad you like! I have actually been messing around with it all weekend, it is brand spanking new. It's a Canon PowerShot S90 and I AM IN LOVE. Honestly, it's the best camera I've had in a long time. I have a D30 (digital SLR) with all sorts of lenses etc. but I just never use it because it is so big and bulky and a PAIN IN THE ASS to cart around plus so obtrusive when you pull it out.

This new little guy is actually better in low light and takes really sharp images. I am really happy with it so far.

I don't edit any of the pics (I don't have any photo editing programs) so what you see is what I took. The color accent etc. is just from playing around with programs on the camera.

purchase exceed similarly said...

Everyone has their own reasons for liking/disliking/thinking objectively about Erykah's recent "antics". It is my firm belief celulares da china that this was not done to impress upon millions the need for self liberation.