Thursday, December 20, 2012

3 is better than 2

Woke up this morning, still feeling hellish from the apparent TB* that I caught before coming home from Ireland.

It was my usual routine of

1. regain consciousness
2. realize where I am on the planet
3. worry about having a job on July 1st
4. hit 'refresh' on my phone to see if any emails have come through.

BAAAAAZIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

Let me tell you, after all the rejection emails I received when applying to medical school in Canada, seeing the subject heading "Invitation for Interview" is a sweetness I can't even describe.

Without taming the Medusa-like mane, or smoothing out the red flannel pajamas, or brushing my teeth, I walked up the stairs into my sister's kitchen, phone held high in the air. My brother in law saw the rising iphone and said,

"Ooooooohhhhh!!!! I THINK WE'VE GOT ANOTHER INTERVIEW!!!!!!"

Cue familial happy dance.

--
UPDATE: Just received 2 rejection letters. Sigh. Keeping me honest, I suppose.

*I didn't actually catch TB. I just have a horrendous respiratory tract infection which I cannot seem to shake, though no night sweats, weight loss, or hemoptysis (for the record). 

6 comments:

PGYx said...

Yay!!! Sending good thoughts your way for engaging, fun, and productive interviews (and a swift recovery)!

Elizabeth Shouldice said...

Heeeyyyyy oohhhhhh!!!

NPO said...

Good luck keep us in the blogging world up to date.

Cthetree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cthetree said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences as you get through med school. It's been so helpful, inspiring, and enjoyable to read. Good luck with your interviews!

bobbie said...

Focus on the good, as always ~