Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December already?

So apparently it is December.

November seemed to whiz by, our cases were pretty interesting (but sad) overal. We had a homeless man with schizophrenia, a girl with bulimia, and now two kidney cases back to back. I wanted to write about our bulimia case (don't worry, these are fictional 'cases') because we did 2 weeks worth of learning about eating disorders, which was really, really depressing. Hopefully I will get a chance to jot some thoughts down soon before it is all gone from my brain.

Kidney. We meet again. And again. Yet this time I am strangely attracted to your complex mystique. There is so much going on there, I love and hate you now, when before I just hated you. There is something almost mathematical, but artistic about that loop of Henle. I am determined to get inside the mind of the nephron this time around. YOU WILL BE MINE, KIDNEY!!!

Ok, I've not been sleeping much, it's giddy-tired today. I decided I am taking my camera out with me today to do a "day in the life" montage for the blog.

8 comments:

Absentbabinski said...

You sound in better spirits :) This makes me happy. And hopefully you, too!

And yes, the kidney is a strange and complicated beast, isn't it?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Let's hope your kidney doesn't get stoned from giddiness.

Anonymous said...

You show that kidney who's boss!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

She needs to be careful. You don't want to piss off a kidney!

OMDG said...

Kidney = bad, brain = good. And don't you forget it, honey!!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

You tell her, OMDG!

Albinoblackbear said...

AB--Yes...the fact that it is the last week of classes has buoyed my spirits--at least the firehose will temporarily be shut off while I attempt to review the last 1.5 years of notes for exams. Eeekkkk!

Yes, who knew I'd actually dig ATPase pumps one day?

GRump--Wahh...wahh..wahhhhhhhhh. Someone call 9-pun-pun. :P

OMDG--Oh no, I still have to wrestle my way through the basal ganglia before exams, and I am NOT looking forward to it. At least there is no "dis-inhibiting the excitatory pathway" mind-f*cks in the kidney!! hahahah

NotHouse--Hahah, let's hope. It still seems to have the upper hand though...

d.o.ctor said...

The kidney is my favorite organ, hands down. All about balance!