Sunday, June 13, 2010

Study Cloud

A firm believer in every cloud having a silver lining...I was trying to think of a positive spin on studying until it feels like my ears are bleeding.

Then I looked up and saw the wind whipping through the giant trees outside the library window.

I decided the silver lining is that as a trade off for not having a real job right now I get to sit in a quiet room and contemplate the human body for hours and hours.*

This is my attempt. Weak? Maybe.




*I also get to wear the same clothes everyday, cut off most contact to the outside world, and note-take my hand into a tendinitis. Ok, those are the 'downsidey' parts of aforementioned contemplation.

6 comments:

OMDG said...

You are getting to train to be a doctor, and to learn about things that most people don't even know exist. You are a lucky girl. It just doesn't feel that way right at this moment, but it's really true.

Plus, think of where you'll be this time next week.

Lucky.

Bostonian in NY said...

gotta go through the awful before you can get to the awesome

Albinoblackbear said...

OMDG--Yup. It's true. I remind myself of all the countless people that *didn't* get into this program as well and that indeed I am lucky.

Just lucky and sleep deprived right now! :) (And wearing the same sweat pants 6 days running).

BINY--Heh. The awesome--like the wilderness med photos you posted? Bastard. I am so jealous. :) It's good to see reminders of the prize though...

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Hang in there! Look at it as a science show. I mean, as tedious as it is, it's still interesting stuff (except biochem, which I hated).

E. Greene said...

Wearing the same clothes for days is the new chic. Think of it as fashion minimalism.

As for the rest, you can do it!

Bostonian in NY said...

You'll get your turn to be awesome and f around for credit (in time)...and then you'll be a resident.

I'll let you know if that's a good thing or a bad thing in a few weeks.