1. Being flat chested is a blessing when you're running in a bathing suit.
2. You care a little less about the rain when you're running/biking in a swimsuit...because a wet t-shirt makes you feel like you're in a bad beer commercial from the 80's but a wet bathing suit makes you feel like...you're in a wet bathing suit.
3. When in a swimming pool, the three sweetest words on the planet are not, "I love you" but in fact, "one lap left".
4. Grey hair and pot-belly do not a slow swimmer make.
5. The only thing more crippling than the foot arch cramp of doom in the pool is the calf-muscle cramp of death on a bike.
6. Energy drinks do not provide energy.
7. Even though they say it to every single person going past them, when a stranger yells, "you're doing great! Keep up the good work!" the world seems a little brighter, for about 5 seconds.
8. It is hard to put socks on damp feet, fast.
9. Sports gels taste pretty much the same going down as coming back up (though they are slightly less viscous, which is pleasing).
10. "Swimming pool" = "water torture".
11. My older siblings are still kicking my ass at everything in life. (Except blogging. I have mad blogging skillz. And I tweet, so BOOM. IN YOUR FACE SUCKAS!!!)
12. You never notice the helping hand of a tailwind but you sure do feel the bitch-slap of a headwind.
Expect a complete, boring, sports-interview style breakdown of the triathlon tomorrow when I have recovered from the full body tetany which I am currently suffering from.
In the meantime I'll just say that I had a great time out there, I gave 110%, and the best offence is a good defence. Or something.