Sunday, February 7, 2010

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!

In happier news, Dr. D nominated me last week for a medstudent blogger award, and I actually tied for first place!

I was the third place underdog but with a last minute post of support from Rogue Medic I managed to sneak in a few extra votes.

It was all in fun but it is great to see some of the other blogs out there and read some of the musings from fellow medical students and nurses.

Thanks Doc D for sticking it to The Man with your personal medblogger awards! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Big D award! I love your writing and your blog -- you write beautifully and the subject matter is fascinating. Thank you for bringing us along on your journey, both as a nurse in the wilds of the far north and now as a med student in the wilds of the Emerald Isle. I always look forward to your posts.
-Wren

Keet said...

What he/she said!

Albinoblackbear said...

Wren--Wow thank you so much for your very kind words!! You totally made my day. :)

I am still stunned that complete strangers actually read this blog (and semi-stunned that my friends do too!) It's a great inspiration to keep writing.

Keet*--Thanks bud! You never cease to send the compliments my way. xo

*For those of you who don't know Keet he is one of my closest/oldest/nearest and dearest friends. I am not starting some creepy internet hook up by typing "xo" to him. :)

Rogue Medic said...

Congratulations.

I thought xo was and emoticon of someone lying on their side, sort of the recovery position. Letting people know that you are lying down while writing comments.

I did notice a misprint in your post. with a last minute post of support from Rogue Medic I managed to sneak in a few extra votes. That should read with a last minute post of support from Rogue Medic I managed to sneak in billions and billions of extra votes.

I feel as if I am being dissed as a complete stranger. If you can't pick me out of a room full of crazy old men, then I am. And I am completely strange. ;-)