Saturday, April 30, 2011

Really Really Bad Medical Joke

I've been studying embryology of the gonads for days and seriously, it has started to make me a little wonky.


So wonky that today, while drawing a schematic of how the undifferentiated gonad becomes either female or male, I came up with a really really bad joke about the process.

Why was the Mesonephric duct so hard to live with?

Because it was passive regressive. 

[Insert snare drum and cymbals crashing sound here.]

See what happens when you stare at these types of images for too long?

From Langman's Medical Embryology

11 comments:

OMDG said...

GROAN!!!

As a side note, malformations of the urogenital apparatus are really interesting from a clinical standpoint. They're surprisingly common!

Albinoblackbear said...

You loved it. Admit it. =)

Headstrong said...

Bah- dum - chi. Nice.

Albinoblackbear said...

Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to write that. =)

Anonymous said...

*slow clap*

Albinoblackbear said...

And by "slow clap" you mean the kind of clap that starts off as one person clapping slowing, then rising, soon followed by many other people slow clapping until finally it turns into a giant thundering applause?

I thought so.

Red Stethoscope said...

Lol...*I* laughed. But, I am also a dork. Hmm...actually, you should probably not use me as a reference for this.

Oh, Langman's. You bring back memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh, absolutely. Glad you got my meaning :)

Keet said...

So a rabbi, a priest, and an OCT3/4-positive germ cell walk into this bar, and the bartender says...

Albinoblackbear said...

Says..."we don't serve pluripotent pre-malignant cells here" and the priest leaves??

=)

I don't know, you gotta tell me the punch line!!

Keet said...

I take it you've heard that one before???

I love it!