Monday, April 11, 2011

Good Thing He's So Darn Cute

On Friday I am flying back to Canada to see my family for Easter and CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!!!

Oh I am so looking forward to cuddling the baby twins, reading stories with my nieces, bike riding with my nephews, drinking wine with my sibs, and catching up with my mom. Just found out today that my BFF is also flying out for 2 days so I can see her avec baby-bump! Ah, 'tis grand so it is.

As I started mentally going through things to do before leaving Young Tobington here alone for 9 days, I remarked to him,

"Hey Tobes, I guess I am going to have to show you how to work the washing machine before I go so that you'll have some clean clothes when I am gone..." [snicker]

"I know how to work the washing machine!" [indignantly]

"Why don't you ever use it then??" [genuinely curious]

"Because you like doing laundry and I didn't want to ever take that away from you. It makes you feel like you've accomplished something!" [completely sincere]

Good thing he's so darn cute or the feminist in me might have strangled him with a bra hot from the dryer.


11 comments:

b_ra said...

Yay to going home!!! I myself will be going home to Canada from school too (Caribbean) in exactly 3 days!!
Here's to some Tim Hortons (clink cups!)

Albinoblackbear said...

Safe travels! =)

*clink!*

OMDG said...

It's really much better to air-dry your bras. The heat from the dryer kills the elastic.

Have fun with the fam over Easter!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I do not understand our country's fascination with that third rate coffee chain. It ranks just behind Dunkin Donuts in the quality of its coffee. They just know how to market Roll Up The Rim.

Albinoblackbear said...

OMDG--Oh nothing could destroy my beloved patagucci's! =)

IANH--Dude, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly 1.5 years ago.

Now? Even Tim's tastes like BLACK GOLD to me compared to the sock juice they call coffee over here.

In fact...Tobie's first recollection of me is from orientation day, standing behind me in line and hearing my RANT about the substandard quality of Irish brewed coffee.

I believe at that point the lights dimmed, a disco ball appeared and all he could hear was "Dream Weaver".

PGYx said...

Ahhh, vacation. Have fun!

Maybe Irish coffee is so bad because it's expected that you add some form of alcohol to make it complete.

E. Greene said...

I adore folding laundry. It's my only time to be lazy and sit around watching X-Files on Netflix.

What is this pata-what indestructible bra?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Married life. Fighting and going out in Butt-front jeans.

Cartoon Characters said...

wait until you get to Australia where the only coffee is instant.

I don't bother buying coffee now that we have our own little Saeko... :) Don't understand mortgaging the home to buy a cuppa.

As for laundry, I do all the laundry in our house. It only took one shrunken favorite sweater when my hubby did it, and now he is banned.

Well, have a nice visit, you will be only a few miles from where i live. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, fine, I suppose I'm spoiled by the fact that we have a plethora of good places to get coffee, but its MORE than balanced out by your ability to get a good cup of tea (having an Irish uncle who knew how to make PROPER tea, I have become a snob about it)

Albinoblackbear said...

PGYx--I actually had my *first* real "Irish coffee" in the Jameson's distillery a few weeks ago and HELLO I was not complaining!

Your theory is sound.

Grump--Hahah, nooooooooo!!!

But we're not even *engaged* yet! What will become of us??!?!

IANH--But I commit the ultimate blasphemy here by being a 'herbal' girl..never been into black tea (unless it is chai and I am in India).