Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Politically Incorrect Medical Education Part 2

During the research forum yesterday one of the presenters was discussing his research into 'causes of falls' in the elderly.

"What causes the elderly to fall at home is not what most people think...it's not loose carpet, or loose buttons, loose cats, or loose women....it's a variety of causes, one being orthostatic hypotension."

***

And today during clinical skills as my instructor was searching for my pedal pulse...I apologized for him having to get so close to my pegs as he demoed 'inspecting' my feet for ulcers, etc. and he replied,

"Oh don't worry honey, I'd take feet over vaginas or mamms any day of the week"

My response,

"Jeazus!"*

*Proof that this Irish education is starting to rub off on me. 

6 comments:

Maha said...

Is this the same instructor who asked if the class was retarded for not understanding ECGs?

Loving your politically incorrect education posts :D

Albinoblackbear said...

Maha--No, in fact all four quotes have been from different people.

Though the EKG lecturer actually dropped an F-bomb in class two days ago when talking about how stupid it was that they used to call accelerated escape rhythms "slow ventricular tachycardias".

Glad you're enjoying! :)

Doctor D said...

Those wacky Irish doctors and their foot fetishes!

Albinoblackbear said...

Indeed, I had to hold back from making the foot fetish remark actually.

StorytellERdoc said...

Funny stuff...I have to agree with him, though! LOL

Albinoblackbear said...

It depends on the foot and it depends on the vagina IMHO.

I've had to touch some feet that have made me throw up a little in my mouth.