Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hurt So Good

Okay so I think it is safe to say I am officially hooked on adventure racing. 

I get by with a little help from my friends.
 Wow, that was a ridiculously good time! Where do I sign up for the next one?! Granted, the absolutely perfect weather yesterday has probably amplified my infatuation with the whole concept of thrashing my body for hours on end. I have to wait for official results but from the numbers last night it looks like I came in 9th for the women!! I was hoping to finish in 5h and so was really pleased with my time of 4:39.

Can't write a proper post right now as I am on a mission to buy some jam from a market I spotted yesterday after the race. I would have bought some at the time but I had no wallet on me...plus I probably looked like public health threat given the fact that I was leaving a trail of hay, seaweed, mud, and sweat in my wake.

Thanks much-ly for all the tweets, emails, and comments of support! I was having second thoughts about doing it all week so all those little nudges meant a lot.

For you data nerds: run, cycle, hike, evil cycle, ocean sprint/obs course*/run.

*And by 'obs course' I mean going over hay bales and running through tires, etc. not learning how to manage labor presentations. Whaaaaaaaaat...c'mon...medical people read this blog, someone might need clarification!!

4 comments:

OMDG said...

That hike part looks pretty evil to me. 2000+ feet to ascend?? Ouch.

Nice work!

The obs course sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Wowza. Big ups! I could never do anything like that. Take any pictures of the course?

Nature Nerd said...

Congrats ABB! Nice work - it seems you have brought some Revy uber-fitness to Ireland with you.

Liana said...

Yay!

(Death race in Grande Cache next?)