Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jaws of Life Teaser Photo

I am writing a post about the brilliant trauma course...but in the meantime...allow me to present ABB wielding an actual jaws of life. This photo taken shorty after I cut a car door off (hence my demented appearance).

Does this jaws of life make my thighs look big??


The really hilarious part was that the firefighter handed it to me, showed me where the 'on' button was and then told me to 'work away'. 

Yeah, in Canada I would have had to take a 2 day safety course, sign release forms in triplicate, show proof of tetanus immunization, and demonstrate to a workplace hazard team my ability to handle the machine before being allowed to turn it on.

What could possibly be more enjoyable than handling a machine that crushes metal at 600lbs per square inch???

Oh 'twas a good day, so it was.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look a wee bit too eager to be handling that :P

Albinoblackbear said...

Hahah, I know, right?! You should have heard me cheering myself on *while* cutting the door off...yeah, I kept it really cool. ;)

Allison said...

Très chic :)

Christopher said...

Lookin' good with them jaws! When I cut cars in my EMT class I knew I'd found my new love.

OMDG said...

Hon, you're a surgeon. There's no doubt about it.

Courtney said...

rad

NurseJannie said...

Never thought I'd say this, but jaws of life looks good on you ;-)

Albinoblackbear said...

A--It *is* the fall's hottest accessory, so I hear...note the burnt orange palate?

Chris--Yeah, seriously. It was love at first squeeze...

OMDG--The faint shadows of doubt disappear daily. :)

Court--Yep.

NJ--Hahha, thanks! I woke up the next day a little stiff in the arms and shoulders (that bugger is heavier than it looks!) and said, "man I am stiff from the jaws of life yesterday.." and thought, "never thought I'd hear myself say that phrase!!"

LOST SOUL said...

That is so cool!

I wanna get my hands on that thing