Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back in the Fold

I believe when you're a 10 y.o girl shopping at "Claire's" = Nirvana
Touched down in Canada yesterday. Into the bosom of my family, greeted at the airport with hugs and a packed lunch of roasted vegetables and broiled salmon. Had been bumped to business class on the long haul part of the flight but still managed to catch no sleep. Leaving Kerry was punctuated by a pathetically slow packing effort on my part. But that is a whole other story.

Yesterday my niece Rachel and I found ourselves at the Farmer's Market, though it was late in the afternoon so only a skeleton of stalls remained. We dined on mini-doughnuts and then went to the mall where we were sucked into a vortex of hot pink or shiny made-in-China trinkets. I think maybe we enjoyed ourselves a little too much in the sunglasses section. The sugar high must have gone to my head because I did nearly buy a faux diamond tiara and rainbow leg warmers.

Justin Beiber said whaaaaaat?



No comments: